Setting is TEOFL speaking class
Teacher: Alright, with no further questions lets get started with the practice. Sue you're up first. Let me know when you're ready to start speaking.
(Teacher looks back at the student Sue and waits for her cue to press the timer)
(30 seconds pass silently as Sue continues to smile up at the Teacher)
Teacher: Sue, is there a problem? Why are you smiling at me?
Sue: (whispers) Give up. (smiles)
Teacher: What?
Sue: I give up. (smiles)
Teacher: There is no such thing as "Give up" in my class, you can not give up. Plus, you haven't even tried to answer the question.
Sue: I'm not ready. (smiles)
Teacher: Sue, you've been in many of my IBT classes, I know you are capable of answering this question. You do just fine on the TOEFL speaking tests, please don't be shy and try.
Sue: (smiling) I love you.
Teacher: What?
Sue: I LOVE YOU (smiles)
Teacher: UHHHH......um, Thank you, I love you too Sue.... But..... I love you learning English more than that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In-class writing exercise: Using chronology to explain your morning routine.
First, make your pillow and shit.
Then, stretch your body.
Next, wash your face like cats.
Finally, sit on the chair, and ready for study.
-Andrew
Recent Posts