Recent Posts

Monday, June 20, 2011

God desires to meet me in my moments of brokenness and prayer. It is not I who wants to pray. I do not kneel before the Father because my flesh desires it. My flesh desires sleep, and endless episodes of mind-numbing Glee and House and Grey's Anatomy. My flesh desires laziness. It is my spirit, no, the Holy Spirit in me who draws me into His presence and makes me kneel before the Father. Prayer has become a sanctuary, and I am drawn in when the burden is too heavy and I need a lighter yoke. When I am exhausted from work, disappointed by relationships and frustrated in church ministry and I am alone in my room with nothing but my own thoughts, it is prayer that restores my soul. Isn't it Christ who reveals the innermost darkness and brings it to light? Prayer is changing me.

Thank you Christ, for interceding on my behalf. For taking the nothing I offer and filling me with joy and strength. I have neither. I am joyless and weak, I want to run away and hide sometimes. I know it is Your heart that looks upon these kids and delights over them. You are giving me more of Your heart to love the children, to listen to their stories and to teach them. Help me to be a better teacher, showing loving-kindness and patience. Too many times Satan comes to steal away my joy and tempts me to be cold, impatient and quick to anger. Grow a greater self-control, self-discipline and desire for You in my life.