Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I watched Julie and Julia today, and if any of you are contemplating the trip to go see it, PLEASE DO NOT. Don't even rent it at Blockbuster. I don't care if you're an avid Meryl Streep fan or you think Amy Adams is cute, it's just so bad. It reached a new depth of bad and I'm a little disappointed in myself for dragging my sister and two little girls from my youth group for this. (I bought them a Cinnabon as a gesture of my sincerest apologies after the show). And more than just being severely disappointed with the movie, I think it's funny that I'm writing a blog about this movie which coincidentally was inspired my one woman's choice to write a blog about a book that was later turned into a movie.

Currently, I'm teaching myself how to play guitar. Oh yes, self-discipline and an old Fender is all you need. Well, those and some calluses! Geez, my fingers are nimble from the diligent piano lessons but they are definitely not used to the pressure. We start guitar lessons at church this friday and I'm excited, excited and very very excited.

My brother and I try to have these musical collaborations since we have two guitars in the house now but we usually just break down and laugh because I am so bad. Actually, he interrupts my practices sometimes just so he can laugh AT me, but in between the sporatic fits of laughter he is usually very helpful and supportive. I'm going to miss him a lot when I leave.

I finally got my work visa from the Korean government! I'm going in tomorrow to the Seattle Consulate for the official interview and as long as I get my passport stamped, I'm officially on my way to the motherland. I get so excited about living in an apartment by myself in the city, but I keep thinking about how lonely it'll be to bake at home and have no body try my desserts or practice the guitar every day and have no one appreciate the progress I've made. I'm still really excited to start teaching, even if I am but a lowly hakwon tutor :)